Privacy and your information
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding personal data and how We will treat it.
Pixelrights’ Services are not intended for minors under 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 may provide personal data to or through the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal data from minors under 18. If you are under 18, please do not create a Pixelrights account or send us any information about you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is: Cliiq Limited, 64 Southwark Bridge Road, London, SE1 0AS, United Kingdom.
1. Data we collect from you
Broadly speaking, the types of personal data that we collect may include:
- if you are a customer of Pixelrights: your first and last name, email address, details of your photographs and transactions which you conduct using the Services;
- if you are a partner, supplier or service provider: your full name, employer name, work contact details (including address, phone number, fax number and email address); and
- if you are a job applicant, employee or contractor: your full name, contact details (including address, phone number and email address), identification details, job title, employment history and education details, names and contact details of referees, next of kin details, national insurance number or other information if required by law.
- We may collect personal data from you in a variety of ways, including the following:
- when you create a Pixelrights customer account;
- when you use the Services;
- automatically when you navigate through the Pixelrights Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, geo-location data, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies (which may not be information which identifies you);
- when you provide content and other information when you use the Services or post on our social media accounts;
- when you: arrange payment for use of the Services. For example, we may collect details of the type of credit card you are using, the credit card’s last four digits and its expiry date (but not any other details of your credit card);
- visit our Website and any other webpage that we own and manage;
- manage/change your account information;
- contact us by phone, email, post or via the Website;
- subscribe to receive our newsletter or promotional materials or sign up to a mailing list; and/or
- participate in surveys, or competitions or other promotional activities.
- Pixelrights may also collect personal data regarding you from third parties. This may include (but is not limited to) the collection of personal data regarding you from:
- other users of the Pixelrights Services;
- our customer support service provider, when you make a customer service inquiry;
- someone you duly authorise to act on your behalf; and
- recruiters we have retained and from referees you have provided in support of a job application.
From time to time, you may be able to visit our Website and deal with us anonymously or pseudonym. However, please be aware that, if you do not provide us with certain information that we require, we may not be able to provide you with the particular Pixelrights Services that you seek.
Cookies are small text files that may be placed on your computer or other device by websites when you visit them. Cookies enable Pixelrights to recognise your device on a subsequent visit by that device to our Website and allow us to deliver a more personalised experience by providing information to us. Cookies are essential for some website functions and these functions will not work in the absence of those cookies.
You can use the browser privacy functions to clear the cookies already on your computer or to block cookies in the future by altering the browser privacy settings. However, please note this may cause some of the functionality of the Website not to work correctly.
3. Uses made of the personal data
The personal data we collect may be used in a number of ways including:
- to provide the Services;
- liaising with partners in connection with your use of the Services;
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- generating bills, managing accounts and carrying out debt-recovery functions;
- providing customer, partner and supplier technical support and other customer/partner/supplier relationship management functions;
- dealing with enquiries or complaints;
- collecting and analysing product performance, service and reliability data in connection with the Services;
- carrying out market research and product analysis and development;
- complying with our obligations under the law;
- training our staff;
- to notify you of changes to the Services;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- in the event of a change of business ownership, merger, sale or other business transaction, transferring your information to a successor entity;
- for various communications and marketing purposes;
- conducting our internal business and management processes, for example accounting or auditing purposes; and
- for any other purposes that would reasonably be expected.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
We will anonymise personal data regarding you and consolidate such data. We may provide our partners with aggregated anonymised data about the users of Pixelrights Services, for example behavioural data.
4. Disclosure of personal data regarding You
We may disclose personal data to third parties in certain circumstances including (but not limited to) the following:
- to fulfil the purposes for which you provided your information, for example if you are a job applicant, to obtain a reference from your referees; or
- other third parties We engage to help us run our business - such as our customer support service provider; payment processors; contractors; couriers; pay roll service providers; debt collection agencies and other parties that assist with debt-recovery functions;
- our professional advisors, including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- law enforcement bodies, Courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
- regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving complaints or disputes both internally and externally or to comply with any investigation by one of those bodies;
- for any other purposes that you would reasonably expect; and to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may transfer personal data regarding you to overseas recipients for business purposes and operational, support and continuity purposes, for example, when we use IT service providers or data storage services which are located overseas. Countries where these recipients are located may have data protection laws which differ to the data protection laws in your country of residence.
We may also provide our partners, such as travel service providers (including airlines and rail operators) with aggregated data about the users of the Pixelrights Services via an online platform which Pixelrights operates, for example, auction performance metrics, bidding characteristics and behavioural data.
We will disclose personal data regarding you to third parties in order to:
- enforce or the Terms of Service, and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Pixelrights our customers, or others.
This includes exchanging data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Where we store personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure.
Although We will do our best to protect personal data regarding you, We cannot guarantee the security of such data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received personal data regarding you, We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All information you provide to Pixelrights is stored on secure cloud servers.
Any payment transactions carried out by us or Stripe
our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring or receiving personal data, such as SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Pixelrights Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The security of personal data regarding you is a high priority. We take such steps as are reasonable to securely store personal data regarding you so that it is protected from unauthorised use or access, misuse, loss, modification or unauthorised disclosure.
This includes both physical and electronic security measures. Examples include the use of passwords, locked storage cabinets and secured storage rooms. Other features include:
- storing information on secured networks consistent with industry standards, which are only accessible by those employees who have special access rights to such systems;
- using industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring or receiving personal data, such as SSL technology;
- restrictions are placed on the electronic transfer of files; and
- our IT networks undergo necessary vulnerability testing to continually identify and remediate potential opportunities for unauthorised data access.
The safety and security of information about you also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Pixelrights takes steps to destroy or de-identify personal data when the information is no longer required for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed by Pixelrights and Pixelrights is no longer required by law to retain the information.
The data that We collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff may be engaged in the fulfilment of your request, order or reservation, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process personal data regarding you for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting personal data regarding you) if We intend to use such data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose personal data regarding you to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting the Help Desk
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited too, websites on which the App or the Pixelrights Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
7. Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before taking any action in response to any request. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data that We hold about you.
To request access to personal data that We hold regarding you, please contacting the Help Desk